Fall and Spring Extension Payment Information
Financial Liability Policy
Enrollment at the University of Hawai‘i signifies consent to, and acceptance of, all policies and procedures governing enrollment, including financial liability. Students who fail to remit payment when due, agree to pay the University of Hawai‘i all reasonable costs for collection, including collection agency, attorney's, and court fees.
Policy on Payment
Students are responsible for verifying their registration is accurate and payments are processed. If payment is not received, course registrations may be cancelled. Avoid financial and academic penalties by dropping courses within the 100% refund period. See our academic calendars for 100% refund deadlines.
Students who have been awarded and have accepted financial aid will have their Outreach College course(s) held until aid is applied to your student account. Avoid financial and academic penalties by dropping courses within the 100% refund period. See our academic calendars for 100% refund deadlines.
Important payment information is sent to your UH email. CHECK YOUR UH EMAIL OFTEN.
Outreach College extension term tuition is paid separately and is not included in the full-time tuition cost for a regular fall or spring term.
See Tuition & Fee Information for tuition and fee costs.
Ways to Pay
Before the first day of class, connect to MyUH and confirm your enrollment in your course(s), verify that your payment has been processed, and check for any course changes. A receipt will NOT be mailed to you.
- Pay online through MyUH by the following methods:
- MasterCard, VISA, or any credit card accepted by the Discover Network such as Discover, Diners, and JCB
- Any debit card accepted by NYCE, PLUS, STAR or ACCEL networks
- eCheck or eSavings
- Pay through MyUH with the UH Installment Payment Plan. Select the Extension Term when making your payment. Carefully read the payment plan information before selecting this option. Payment plan is not available for the Summer Extension term.
- Mail a check with a completed Credit Course Payment Form. The student should allow a minimum of 5 working days for mail delivery to insure the payment is received prior to the payment deadline. Be sure to write your UH Number and course reference number (CRN) on the check. Make check payable to the University of Hawai‘i.
- Visit any University of Hawai‘i Cashier's Office for cash, check, or money order payments. UH Cashiers' offices will not accept credit card payments.
- Third-Party Sponsor Scholarship Payment
Third-party recipient payments are not automatically posted to your student account.
- Submit a written financial guarantee document, purchase order, or authorization letter from the sponsor to the Outreach College Cashier;
- After you register, notify the Outreach College Cashier at (808) 956-6878, Sinclair Library 301.
Financial Obligation Holds
If you have an outstanding financial obligation at any of the University of Hawai‘i institutions (e.g. tuition, housing, bounced check, library, or parking fines) a financial obligation "hold" is placed on your record. This "hold" will prevent you from registering and receiving a transcript or diploma. To clear the hold make your payment and contact the office that initiated the hold. Contact information is available on MyUH.
Students with financial obligation holds on their records may drop or withdraw from courses in-person, or contact the Outreach College Student Services at (808) 956-7221 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To avoid financial penalties, drop your course(s) within the 100% refund period. See the last day to receive a refund for each course by looking at the course academic calendar.
The automated refund process for Fall will begin for financial aid students in August and for other students in September. Sign up online to have your refund deposited directly into your bank account. View eRefund information.
To request a refund earlier than mid-August or mid-September, send an email using your UH hawaii.edu email account to email@example.com. In your email message include your name, UH ID number, and the refund term (Fall Extension). If you have any questions regarding your refund, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Outreach College Business Office (808) 956-5899.
– eRefund –
Sign up today to have your refund deposited directly into your bank account. Read more eRefund information.
Payment tendered to the University of Hawai‘i or any department therein, and returned from the maker's bank for any reason (e.g., insufficient funds, closed bank account, incorrect bank information) will result in a $25.00 charge and a hold will be placed on your account. DO NOT place a STOP PAYMENT on checks. A stop payment is considered a returned check. Returned checks and stop payments are not acknowledged as an official drop from courses or withdrawal from the University. Outstanding tuition and fees will remain on your student account until payment is made or courses are officially dropped during the full refund period.