SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP Certification Review-Part I
Event ID: P14136
Info: Aug 27, Sep 10, 24, Oct 8, 2016 • Sat • 9:00am-3:30pm • 4 mtgs • UHM Webster 104 • $550 (General), $500 (SHRM Member) • Must be taken with SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP Certification Review-Part II • Sweater and brown bag lunch suggested • Register by Aug 8
With: David McKale, Certified HR Professionals
This SHRM certification review is designed for individuals seeking credentials that focus on the knowledge and practical real-life experiences needed by HR professionals to excel in their careers today. For those not seeking certification, the course provides a comprehensive HR generalist overview covering key ideas, concepts, and core competencies.
Earn the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) credential, new in 2015, to be a recognized HR professional at the core of leading organizational success. If you are already PHR or SPHR certified and recently acquired the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP after taking the online tutorial, take advantage of this review to learn more about the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge, as well as to receive recertification credits, or PDCs (Professional Development Credits).
- Build on a singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK®) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Test your competency as an HR professional–that is, your ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrate that you are a technical expert who has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies through practice and experience to drive business results.
Part I includes:
- HR Competencies
- Structure of the HR Function
- Business and HR Strategy
- HR in the Global Context
- Employee Relations
- US Employment Laws and Regulations
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
Using the latest SHRM Learning System, the program features relevant HR content and advanced tools to streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP exams.
For more information on the new competency-based credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org. For questions regarding program content, contact David McKale, (808) 695-2224, email@example.com. For questions about University of Hawai‘i arrangements, including registration deadlines, funding assistance, parking, etc., contact Outreach College Noncredit Programs, (808) 956-8244, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lance Haga, (808) 956-9249, email@example.com.
Course fees includes all course materials but not registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations. For more about exam fees and to apply for the exam of your choice, go to http://www.shrm.org/certification/apply.
The HR Management Certification Review instructional team includes:
- Michael Conroy, JD, Director, Recruitment, Employee/Labor Relations, Queen's Health Systems
- Raquel Hicks Craven, MA, Director, Organizational Effectiveness, Hawai‘i Pacific Health
- John Knorek, Attorney, Torkildson, Katz, Moore, Hetherington & Harris
- Heather Knutson, Senior HR Consultant, Staff Attorney, Hawaii Employers Council
- David McKale, SHRM-CP, PHR, Director of Risk Services, Hawaii Human Resources
- Bernard Nunies, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Principal Consultant, Kāne‘ahanui Management Consulting
- Cindy Paguyo, PHR, Workforce Staffing & Development Advisor, Hawai‘i Pacific Health
- Paul Saito, Attorney, Cades Schutte, LLP
- Jordan Vannatta, SPHR, HR Manager, Referentia Systems Inc
- Dailyn Yanagida-Ishii, Director, Compensation and Benefits, Hawaiian Electric Company.