Application for Admission Information
|Course Dates||Deadlines||Notification of Acceptance|
|Summer Scholar Program||Friday, April 14||
Students will be notified of their acceptance within 5 working days from the date the application is received.
Anticipate delays during peak application period.
|Summer I (5/22/17 – 6/3017)||Friday, May 5|
|Summer II (7/3/17 – 8/11/17)||Friday, June 16|
|Varied Date Courses (5/22/17 – 8/11/17)||5 working days prior to the start of the course|
|Who Needs to Apply?||Submit an Application?|
|Current UH System Student in Good Academic Standing||NO|
|Current UH System Student Graduating Spring 2017 from a UH System Campus||YES|
|Prospective Fall 2017 or Former Student
Former UHM students who have previously been suspended or dismissed
To attend Summer Sessions at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, students submit an application for admission and, upon approval, register for courses.
You are eligible to apply for admission if you are a high school graduate, have a GED equivalency, or are a current or former student of a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a college degree or 24 transferable college credits and are in good academic standing at your home institution.
Transcripts and copies of degree certificates are required IF your bachelorʻs degree or its equivalent is from a non-U.S. college or university.
Official transcripts may be required upon request.
How to Apply
No application fee is required.
- Submit a form-fillable application & residency form by fax or mail.
- Once admitted, it is mandatory to create a UH username and password, and activate your UH email account.
Email sent to your UH email account is considered an official channel of communication by the University.
After your acceptance email has been sent, all future email correspondence will be sent to your hawaii.edu email address.
You need your UH username to register, make a credit card payment, view your grades, use Laulima for online courses, and keep your contact information up to date.
- Select your courses. Click here to view the Summer 2017 Course Availability
- Register for your course(s) online by accessing the web registration system. Go to How to Register for detailed instructions.
Allow at least 5 working days for processing. Anticipate delays during peak application period. You will receive a notification of acceptance and your assigned UH Number. If you do not include an email address on your application form, the acceptance notification will be mailed to you.
*Suspended or dismissed students
UH Mānoa suspended or dismissed students are required to call an Outreach College advisor. Call (808) 956-7221.
International Students Who Are Currently Studying in the U.S.
For international students who are currently attending another U.S. institution and will return to their home institution in the Fall semester, please submit a copy of your current I-20 from your home institution with your Outreach College Application Form. Your I-20 will serve as evidence that you are authorized to study in the U.S. If your I-20 expires before the start of the Summer Sessions because you are either graduating or will not return to your home institution in the Fall, you may be required to obtain a new I-20 from Outreach College to continue your studies during the Summer. Please refer to the Visa & I-20 Information section if you require a new I-20 from Outreach College for the Summer.
Applicants whose native language is not English need to complete one of the following:
If English is not your native language and you have never attended a fall or spring term at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency (this applies even if you have already been accepted to UH Mānoa for Fall 2017). Please send documentation for one of the following (see items a-l) with your application form. Note: Admission through Outreach College does not imply a waiver of the TOEFL exam for admission for the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
- Minimum composite score of 61 (internet-based), 173 (computer-based) or 500 (paper-based) on the TOEFL
- Minimum overall score of 5.0 on the IELTS
- Minimum score of 510 on the critical reading AND writing sections of the SAT
- Minimum score of 22 on the English AND reading sections of the ACT
- Minimum score of 151 on the verbal section of the GRE
- An Associate of Arts degree from a community college within the UH System
- A bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or a recognized university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland or New Zealand
- Completed an ENG 100 equivalent course from a regionally accredited U.S. institution with a "D" or higher grade
- Completed 60 transferrable credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution that is recognized by UH Mānoa where English is the primary language of instruction
- Completed six years of continuous school through middle school, high school or college or university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, American Samoa or Guam
- Completed at least three years of high school in Hawaiʻi with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and 460 on the critical reading AND writing sections of the SAT
- Test scores for the UH Mānoa English Language Institute (ELI) placement examination indicating that you qualify for enrollment.
Standardized test scores must have been taken within the past two years.
Fall or Spring Admission
If you are a new or former student who wants to register for regular semester Mānoa campus courses (Fall or Spring), contact the following admission offices:
For Fall or Spring undergraduate degree admission:
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Office of Admissions
Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services
2600 Campus Rd, Rm 001
Honolulu, HI 96822-2385
Tel: (808) 956-8975, 1-800-823-9771
For Fall or Spring graduate degree admission:
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Graduate Admission Office
Spalding Hall 354
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Tel: (808) 956-8544