Skip to main content



How to Register

Web Registration Guide
Registration Dates
Error Messages and Approval Codes
Summer Credit Forms
Cancelled Classes
Maximum Credits
Maximum Credits
Change of Grading Options
Course Registration & Payment Confirmation
Drop/Withdrawal Policy
Dropping or Withdrawing from Courses

Registration Dates

Current Registration Information
Refer to the Registration Timetable for the registration start dates. Once registration begins it is continuous through the late registration period for the course. To view important course deadline dates, go to the Academic Calendar page.

Web Registration Guide

Getting Started

If you are not a current UH System student or if you will be graduating from a UH System campus before the term begins, you need to submit a UHM Outreach College credit application form, see Application Information.

After you are admitted, it is mandatory to create a UH username and email account. Your UH username is used to register, view your grades, use Laulima, access email and other online services. Important information from University administrators and instructors will be sent to your UH email address, therefore, check your email regularly. Email sent to your UH email is considered an official channel of communication by the University. Go to UH Username Practices page for more information or if you need assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-8883 or email

Complete the MyUH student tutorial before entering the system for the first time.

  • Search for your course(s) on the Class Availability page. Make note of the course reference number(s) (CRN) to be used for registration.
  • Courses in Summer Session 1 & 2 have 5-digit CRNs beginning with the number 9.
  • Courses in the Summer Extension terms have 4-digit CRNs beginning with the number 4.
  • Look at the start and end dates of your selected courses; numerous courses do not begin on the first day of the term.
  • Some courses are held off campus or on neighbor islands. Check the location of the courses before you register.
  • Students registering for courses numbered 500+ are required to have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning.

Check the restrictions or prerequisites notations on the Class Availability page for the course(s) you want to register for. Restrictions are noted in the Title column and prerequisite notations are viewable by clicking on the blue CRN and viewing the "Details" link. The academic department or instructor will enter the approval code which will allow you to register for the course.

How To Register Online

Log onto MyUH,

Click on "Registration" in the first column,

Click on "Begin Quick Registration,"

Select "Fall Extension," "Spring Extension," "Summer" or "Summer Extension" term by clicking on the Term drop-down box,

If you select the incorrect term, you will not be able to register for Outreach College course(s). Click on "Select Term" link at the bottom of the page then select the correct term from the drop-down box.

Select the "University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa" as the Institution,

Enter the 4-digit or 5-digit CRN(s)

Click "Submit Changes"

Carefully check the "Status" column for registration errors. You will not be able to register for the course until you resolve the problem. For a list of restrictions, error messages, types of approval codes, and contacts, view the approval code/error messages table.

Scroll to the bottom of the registration page and select "View My Charges/Make A Payment." Submit payment to finalize the registration process. Visit the Outreach College web pages Tuition & Fees or Payment Information for detailed information.

Before the term begins or after making any changes to your registration, check your class schedule, your tuition charges and payment information for any changes.

To avoid financial obligation holds, or academic penalties be sure to drop unwanted courses during the 100% refund period.

Print your schedule; note that it includes your classroom location and instructor's name.

UH Login, Password or Connection Problem Assistance

If assistance is needed for your UH login ( email account), password, or connection to the MyUH website problem, contact the ITS Help Desk, Information Technology Center, 2520 Correa Road; office hours, M-Th, 8:00am-7:00pm or Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time. Email: or call (808) 956-8883 or 1 (800) 558-2669.

Registration Assistance

If you need assistance with course questions, admissions, or other registration problems, contact Outreach College Student Services during our office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:30pm Hawai'i Standard Time. Email us at: or call us at (808) 956-7221.

Laulima Assistance

If you need assistance with Laulima, contact the ITS Laulima Office through their request assistance web page.

Cancelled Classes

Course cancellation decisions are made about a week before the course begins. Verify updated class information (status of classes, including cancellations) by checking your schedule "Review My Class Schedule" on MyUH.

If your class is cancelled, you may select an alternate course. Otherwise, a 100% tuition refund is issued in 4–6 weeks.

Maximum Credits

Undergraduate students who request enrollment in 20 or more credit hours and graduate/post-baccalaureate students who request enrollment in 17 or more credit hours in any fall or spring semester must obtain special approval from their college student academic services office.

For classified graduate students, registering for 16 credit hours is considered a maximum course load for a Fall or Spring semester and may be exceeded only with the approval of the graduate chair and the Graduate Division.

Summer courses are accelerated and often meet every day. For both undergraduates and graduates, we recommend enrollment in no more than 8 credits per six-week session.

Students may not register for courses in an Outreach College Fall Extension, Spring Extension term, Summer Session or Summer Extension terms for credit or audit, in excess of the maximum registration allowed for the semester by the college or school in which they are enrolled unless given permission for an overload by the college or school.

Change of Grading Options

The deadline to change grading options (A-F, CR/NC, Audit) for a course is the same date as the deadline to add the course. Find the last day to add a course deadline by viewing the course Academic Calendar.

Course Registration & Payment Confirmation

Before the first day of class or after any add/drops you process on MyUH, confirm your enrollment in your course(s). Verify that your payment has been processed, and check for any course schedule or instructor changes.

For important information on your tuition payment, view the Payment Information page.

A receipt will not be mailed to you.

Print your schedule on MyUH by selecting "Review My Class Schedule." Class location(s) and instructor name(s) are provided on this schedule. Call (808) 956-7221 if you cannot view your registration record.

Drop/Withdrawal Policy

The student is responsible for reviewing the course Academic Calendar and meeting all deadlines for withdrawal and refund.

The student is responsible for course withdrawal(s). Not attending, discontinuing participation without officially withdrawing, stopping payment, or a bounced check may result in your receiving an "F" or "NC" grade.

Financial Aid students must notify the Financial Aid Services, Queen Liliʻuokalani Center for Student Services, Room 112, (808) 956-7251, when dropping or withdrawing from a course.

Dropping or Withdrawing from Courses

Before the term begins, drop unwanted courses through MyUH to avoid financial or academic penalties. Review your class schedule and student charges to confirm the drop processed correctly. Students with financial obligation holds on their records may drop or withdraw from courses in-person, or contact the Outreach College Student Services at (808) 956-7221 or for assistance.

Drop, no "W" on record. Once the extension term begins, drop courses through MyUH until the "last day to drop." If you are dropping your last course in a fall or spring extension term, Outreach College Student Services must do the drop for you. Email a request to from your email. Review your class schedule and student charges to confirm the drop processed correctly.

Withdrawal, "W" on record. To withdraw from a Fall or Spring Extension term between the "last day to drop" and the "last day to withdraw" contact Outreach College Student Services at (808) 956-7221 or send an email to from your email. Instructions will be given to you. You may be required to obtain the instructor's written approval. Some colleges also require the academic services dean's approval.

In the Summer you may drop classes using MyUH until the "last day to withdraw."

After the "last day to withdraw." No withdrawals (partial or complete) are permitted, except in unusual and extenuating circumstances beyond a student's control. Contact your School or College Student Academic Services department for appeal instructions. All Unclassified undergraduate students and Outreach Only students need to submit a written statement, supporting documents (e.g., military orders, doctor's statement, etc.), and instructor's written approval to Outreach College.

back to top

Term Dates

  • Summer 1
    May 22 – June 30, 2017
  • Summer 2
    July 3 – August 11, 2017
  • Varied Date Courses
    Class schedules vary between May 22 – August 11, 2017

  • Registration Dates
    UHM Seniors
    March 7
    UHM Continuing
    March 8
    New or Visiting
    March 14

Questions? Contact Us

UHM Outreach College

Sinclair Library 310

2425 Campus Road

Honolulu, HI 96822

Phone: (808) 956-7221